Write a 4 page analysis of a current problem or issue in health care, including a proposed solution and possible ethical implications.
For this assessment, you will analyze a current health care problem or issue. Read each portion of the assessment carefully and use the Suggested Resources to help you complete the assessment. This assessment provides an opportunity to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to a current health care problem or issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
· Use scholarly information to describe and explain a health care problem or issue and identify possible causes for it.
Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
· Analyze a health care problem or issue by describing the context, explaining why it is important, and identifying populations affected by it.
· Discuss potential solutions for a health care problem or issue and describe what would be required to implement a solution.
Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
· Analyze the ethical implications if a potential solution to a health care problem or issue was implemented.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
· Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
· Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Describe the health care problem or issue you selected for use in Assessment 2 and provide details about it.
2. Identify possible causes for the problem or issue.
3. Use scholarly information to explain the health care problem or issue.
. Identify at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic.
. You may use articles you found while working on Assessment 2 or you may search the Capella Library for other articles.
. You may find the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide helpful in your search.
· Assess the credibility of the information sources.
· Assess the relevance of the information sources.
· Analyze the problem or issue.
· Describe the setting or context for the problems or issues.
· Describe why the problem or issue is important to you.
· Identify groups of people affected by the problem or issue.
· Discuss potential solutions for the problem or issue.
· Compare your opinion with other opinions you find in sources from the Capella Library.
· Provide the pros and cons for one of the solutions you are proposing.
· Analyze the ethical implications if the potential solution (the one for which you provide pros and cons) were to be implemented.
· Discuss the pros and cons of implementing the proposed solution from an ethical principle point of view.
· Provide examples from the literature to support the points you are making.
· Describe what would be necessary to implement the proposed solution.
Example Assessment: You may use the assessment example, linked in the Assessment Example section of the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial for guidance. See the Resources for these documents.
4. Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
5. Using outside sources: Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
6. References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles and three in-text citations within the paper.
7. APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citations of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
8. Turnitin: Submit your assessment to Turnitin prior to grading. Then, only submit your final assessment to faculty for grading.
Organize your paper using the following structure and headings:
· Title page. A separate page.
· Introduction. A brief one-paragraph statement about the purpose of the paper.
· Elements of the problem/issue. Identify the elements of the problem or issue, or question.
· Analysis. Analyze, define, and frame the problem or issue.
· Considering options. Consider solutions, responses, or answers.
· Solution. Choose a solution, response, or answer.
· Implementation. Implementation of the potential solution.
· Conclusion. One paragraph.
Note: Read the Analyze a Current Health Care Problem or Issue Scoring Guide to fully understand how your paper will be graded.
Submit the paper for evaluation by clicking on the assessment title and uploading the paper as a Word document.
If you would like assistance in organizing your assessment, or if you simply have a question about your assessment, please do not hesitate to ask your courseroom instructor or the teaching assistants in the NHS Learner Success Lab for guidance and suggestions.
Use the following coupon code :