Create a 5–7 slide presentation (with detailed speaker’s notes) on how you would select, foster collaboration among, and educate a team dedicated to solving a diversity issue.
Assessments 1 and 2 are scenario-based, so you must complete them in the order in which they are presented.
Finding, organizing, and motivating teams is a key leadership skill as is the ability to communicate and present information.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
- Outline goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Outline a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
- Define the composition of a team with characteristics that could effectively address a diversity issue.
- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Explain the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization using scholarly resources.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
- Create an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content.
The resources provided here are optional. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; however, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. The NHS-FP5004 – Collaboration, Communication, and Case Analysis for Health Care Master’s Learners Library Guide can help direct your research, and the Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.
Diversity and Cultural Competence
Diversity, inclusion, cultural competence must be a focus of all health care professionals. The following resources discuss the importance of diversity and the role of a leader.
Use the following coupon code :