For this video, choose one item that addresses a current issue and makes connections to class concepts. The item may be print or video—for example, an article from the current edition of a newspaper or magazine, a segment from a news or talk show, a YouTube video, vlog, or any program that features current affairs.
- Your item (up to 2 minutes) will be embedded in a PowerPoint that you will use to supplement your presentation.
- You may use clips of a video, pause a video as necessary to identify concepts, or use a clip for a full 2 minutes. However, you cannot use over two minutes of video in your own presentation.
- ITEMS CANNOT BE MORE THEN 90 DAYS OLD OF THE CURRENT ISSUE OF CHOICE!
- Submit a 4-5 minute video in which you:
- Use PowerPoint to supplement your presentation.
- Clearly identify the argument. Present the premises and conclusion in your chosen article or video clip and explain their importance. Did the speakers/writers use deductive or inductive reasoning?
- In your article or video clip, identify three of the following: vague/ambiguous language; credibility; cognitive bias; rhetoric; logical fallacies; generalizations; arguments from analogy; cause and effect reasoning; and value judgments about morality, law, or aesthetics.
- Explain why you think the argument fits this concept. Also, identify if this was purposeful and why, and how this affects the strength of the argument.
- Provide a conclusion to your video. Was the argument convincing? What is your position? (30 seconds max)
- I need the PowerPoint to be detailed in what the current issue is about in a video, newspaper or article of your finding. So I am able to present it in a video to submit of everything listed above. Video clips can only be 2 minutes. At least 5 to 6 slides describing all of the above details on the current issue going on in the world today in the U.S.
- Preferably CURRENT ISSUES IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD TODAY IN THE U.S.!!!
You will be graded on:
- Your ability to identify arguments made about relevant issues in our world today
- How well you identify class concepts. Accuracy and a clear explanation are required
- Your use of terminology from the textbook/class lectures
- Your ability to showcase your critical thinking skills
- Your ability to use Panopto
- Your presentation skills and delivery
Use the following coupon code :