Communication requires both parties to make choices. These choices determine if the conversation will create value or create waste. These choices mostly consist of recognizing when a bioreaction occurs, how it impacts listening, and being aware of listening differently.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Select a conversation where you had a disagreement that had an impact on you and triggered a bioreaction. The conversation could have been a long time ago or recently.
A. Explain what happened during the disagreement by answering the following questions:
• Describe the situation that led to the conversation.
• When did you realize that there was a disagreement during the conversation?
• Describe a bioreaction(s) that was experienced during the disagreement.
• How did the conversation end?
B. Analyze the conversation by answering the following questions:
• Using the four levels of the conversation meter, what level were you listening at, and what level was the other person listening at?
• Give examples of two factors that describe how you and they were listening in at these levels in the conversation meter: feelings, behaviors, language, or tone.
• What were your points of alignment or disagreement?
C. Reflect on how the conversation encouraged you to listen differently by answering the following questions:
• How could you have listened differently moving up the conversation meter, and what effect would that have had on the disagreement?
• How could you incorporate listening for needs, purpose, or concern to create value in the conversation (including describing what that would look like)?
• What have you learned about accuracy and authenticity that could be used to improve the conversation?
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Use the following coupon code :