- Epidemiology involves studying infectious communicable disease, not events like injury, obesity, mental health disorders, and seat belt use.
- The Framingham study was a:
|[removed]||a.||Retrospective cohort study.|
|[removed]||d.||Prospective cohort study.|
- Epidemiology includes the study of:
|[removed]||d.||All of the above|
|[removed]||e.||None of the above|
- The definition of epidemiology involves all of the following EXCEPT:
|[removed]||a.||Identification of determinants|
|[removed]||b.||Measuring the distribution of disease|
|[removed]||e.||The definition includes all of the above|
- Who evaluated the Bills of Mortality?
- Who helped to establish the germ theory of disease?
- Who showed that poor diet could result in scurvy?
- The web of causation includes host and environmental determinants.
- A cause of disease is an event, condition, or characteristic that preceded the disease and without which the disease would either not have occurred or would have occurred later.
- Which sequence below represents the chronological evolution of disease causation approaches in epidemiology (from oldest to newest)?
|[removed]||a.||Web of causation -> Germ theory -> Body humor imbalance-> Ecosocial framework|
|[removed]||b.||Germ theory -> Body humor imbalance -> Ecosocial framework -> Web of causation|
|[removed]||c.||Body humor imbalance -> Germ theory -> Web of causation -> Ecosocial framework|
|[removed]||d.||Body humor imbalance -> Web of causation -> Ecosocial framework -> Germ theory|
- Which of the following are essential attributes of causes (choose all that apply)?
- How much of the increase in U.S. life expectancy since the 20th century can be attributed to public health improvements?
- The purpose of disease surveillance is to monitor aspects of dsease occurrence that are pertinent to effective control.
- John Snow used mortality data developed by William Farr to test a hypothesis that cholera was spread by contaminated water.
- Which of the following innovations did The Streptomycin Tuberulosis Trial employ (choose all that apply)?
|[removed]||a.||Consideration of the ethical issues involved|
|[removed]||b.||Randomization to treatment and control groups|
|[removed]||c.||Masking the investigators|
|[removed]||d.||Restrictions on eligibility of patients|
Use the following coupon code :