Structural Versus Strategic Family Therapies
Although structural therapy and strategic therapy are both used in family therapy, these therapeutic approaches have many differences in theory and application. As you assess families and develop treatment plans, you must consider these differences and their potential impact on clients. For this Assignment, as you compare structural and strategic family therapy, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your own client families.
· Compare structural family therapy to strategic family therapy
· Create structural family maps (Refer to Gerlach (2015) in this week’s Learning
Resources for guidance on creating a structural family map.) or LOOK AT THE
· Justify recommendations for family therapy
In a 2- to 3-page paper, address the following:
· Summarize the key points of both structural family therapy and strategic family
· Compare structural family therapy to strategic family therapy, noting the
strengths and weaknesses of each.
· Provide an example of a family in your practicum using a structural family map.
Note: Be sure to maintain HIPAA regulations (Refer to Gerlach (2015) in this
week’s Learning Resources for guidance on creating a structural family map.) or
LOOK AT THE ATTACHED ONE.
· Recommend a specific therapy for the family, and justify your choice using the
Use the following coupon code :